The Retiree Connection
A toll free call-in service program of your American Red Cross Retiree Association.
Help in taking advantage of services, products and other benefits
- Assistance in renewing relationships or contacts with former Red Cross Colleagues.
- Advocacy in navigating the system and resolving retirement-related problems.
Honoring a Deceased Volunteer or Paid Staff Member
The following information may prove helpful when responding to questions of family members on a case-by-case basis.
For pension or Red Cross life insurance information:
- Have the family contact the American Red Cross Benefits Service Center, 1-877-860-7526. Make a choice and then press *0.
For a condolence letter from Red Cross national headquarters:
- Contact Jennifer Hawkins, Corporate Secretary and Chief of Satff, (202) 303-5469, Jennifer.Hawkins@redcross.org.
- They need to know the following:
- What is the name of the deceased Red Crosser?
- What was their relationship with the Red Cross?
- Any other helpful information about their Red Cross involvement.
- What is the name and address of the person (or family) the letter should be addressed to?
- Who is the contact if we need more information?
- If there is a memorial service, when is it?
To have an In Memoriam notice in the Retiree Association newsletter:
- Send information to the editor, Jo Anne Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the national ARCRA office (email@example.com, 202-303-7184).
To have a notice on The Exchange (formerly CrossNet):
- Contact Ingrid Bailey, (202) 303-4114, Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For use of the Red Cross flag with a casket:
- The Red Cross flag may be used to cover the casket of a deceased Red Cross volunteer or paid staff member, but it should not be lowered into the grave or allowed to touch the ground. A small Red Cross flag on a staff may be used on Memorial Day to indicate the grave of a deceased Red Cross volunteer or paid staff member.
- For a flag, a person may contact a local chapter (www.redcross.org or 1-800-RED-CROSS).
For additional help as needed:
- Retiree Connection, a toll-free program of the American Red Cross Retiree Association, 1-888-738-2724
- Help in taking advantage of services, products and other benefits…
- Assistance in renewing relationships or contacts with former Red Cross colleagues…
- Advocacy in navigating the system and resolving retirement-related problems
- American Red Cross Retiree Association national office, (202) 303-7184, email@example.com